- WHS & Wellbeing management system
- Working from Home
- WHS consultation
- Risk management
- Emergency management
- Health and safety topics
- Contractor management
- Report an Incident
- Workplace Reasonable Adjustment
- Health and Wellbeing
- About the WHS&W Unit
- Contact us
- WHS&W Information about COVID-19
Health and Wellbeing
FLU VACCINATION 2023
The University will provide staff with the opportunity to receive a free influenza (flu) vaccination again this year.
Yearly influenza vaccination is recommended for people aged six months and over. Getting a flu vaccination every year helps to ensure you are protected from the influenza virus, and helps to stop the spread of this highly contagious infection.
If you are thinking of getting a COVID-19 booster this winter, the advice from the Australian Government Department of Health is that you do not need to wait between receiving your COVID-19 booster vaccination and your flu vaccination; however, please consult your GP to discuss your circumstances if you are concerned or have any questions.
Redeeming your vaccination voucher
Vaccinations will not be available on campus. Instead, you can download a voucher that can be redeemed at a pharmacy convenient to you. Please refer to the Claiming Guide, or follow the steps below to download your voucher:
- Visit the VitalityWorks VaxApp Webpage.
- On the 'Book appointment' screen, please scroll down to 'Claim a Pharmacy Vaccination Voucher' and select the pharmacy you wish to attend.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to register for an account (if you don’t already have one).
- Complete your profile details, which include medical screening questions and a declaration to confirm your consent.
- On the next screen, select your profile.
- A number of providers will be displayed. Click on 'Claim voucher' for your preferred provider. Your voucher will be issued via email and will be available under the 'Claimed' tab on your VaxApp account.
If you have any questions about the 2023 Flu Vaccination Program, please read the 2023 Flu Vaccination FAQs or contact the Work Health Safety and Wellbeing Unit at email@example.com.