- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
- You will not be able to see your results unless you have paid or deferred your Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
- You will not be able to submit a Review of Grade application if you have a hold on your student record. To find out if you have a hold and how to have it removed, check your student email account.
- Check your program progress via MySR – for more information refer to the How to guide to help you with this process.
- If you have any questions or need help, please submit an enquiry through WesternNow or call the Student Central Infoline on 1300 668 370.
Please follow the instructions on our Holds page for what you need to do to get your hold lifted.
Determination of marks and grades
There may be instances when you believe that your final grade in a subject does not accurately reflect your performance against the subject criteria. If this happens and you are unable to resolve it with the Academic staff member concerned then you can apply for a formal Review of Grade by the advertised deadline for the relevant teaching session. Find out more on the Review of Grade page.
Results and progression
Work of outstanding quality, broadly speaking, which may be demonstrated by means of criticism, logical argument, interpretation of materials or use of methodology. This grade may also be given to recognise particular originality or creativity.
Work of superior quality demonstrating a sound grasp of content, together with efficient organisation and selectivity.
Work of good quality showing more than satisfactory achievement.
Work showing satisfactory achievement.
Student has met defined criteria at an appropriate level within a specified time.
Student has not met defined criteria at an appropriate level within a specified time.
Student has failed to satisfy criteria for practicum assessment and will not progress further in the subject (and program if the subject is compulsory). A PF grade must be approved by Head of School and submitted with supporting documentation.
|Compulsory Fail||CF||Student has failed a threshold assessment component(s) of the subject other than the practicum, but has achieved a total mark of 50 or more for the subject.|
Withdrawn (without academic penalty)
Student provides evidence of serious illness or misadventure experienced after the relevant census date.
|Fail Non Submission|
Student has not officially withdrawn from the subject and has not completed one or more of the mandatory assessment requirements for the subject, as specified in the Learning Guide.
Grade Point Average (GPA)
GPA Neutral Scheme - COVID 19
The GPA Neutral Scheme ran from April 2020 until December 31 2021. The GPA Neutral Scheme does not currently apply to any term that concluded after 31 December 2021.
If you have an enquiry about the GPA Neutral Scheme please complete an Exams, grades and Results Enquiry in WesternNow..