- Vice-Chancellor and President
Board of Trustees
- - Agendas and Papers (Board of Trustees/Committee Members only)
- - Board of Trustees Membership
- Board Meetings
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2022
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2021
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2020
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2019
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2018
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2017
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2016
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2015
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2014
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2013
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2012
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2011
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2010
- - Board of Trustees Meetings 2009
- - Board Meetings 2008
- - Board Meetings 2007
- - Board Meetings 2006
- - Board Meetings 2005
- - Board Meetings 2004
- - Board Committees and Councils
- - Key Information
- Academic Senate
- Office of Governance Services
- Western Sydney University Strategic Plan
- Professoriate Leadership Group
- Contact Us
- Corpus Strategic Funding Areas
13 April 2022
The Board of Trustees met on 13 April 2022 in Boardroom 1, The Chancellery, Level 2, Building EB, Parramatta South campus and via Zoom. A summary of matters discussed in the open session is provided below.
The minutes of the previous Board meeting held on 23 February 2022 were confirmed.
Main items considered by the Board:
The Chancellor briefed the Board on a number of matters, including the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor’s Advisory Council, the Universities Australia / University Chancellors Council Joint Statement and the Australian Institute of Company Directors Course on University Governance.
The Vice-Chancellor provided an update to Board members on the University’s vaccination and return to campus strategies, the National Student Safety Survey outcomes, the University’s statement regarding the Ukraine, the launch of the 21C Minors and an update on student load.
Chair of Academic Senate Report
The Chair of Academic Senate spoke to the Board on a number of matters discussed at the most recent Academic Senate, including the Student Management System (SMS) Project update.
The Board approved the revised Academic Governance Policy.
The Board of Trustees adopted the audited 2021 Financial Statements and authorised the signing thereof by the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor.
2021 Annual Report
The Board approved the 2021 Annual Report for submission to the NSW Minister for Skills and Tertiary Education.
Sustaining Success 2021-2026: In-Depth Analysis and Reporting - Sustainability
The Board were provided an in-depth analysis that outlined the University’s performance against the following strategic measures:
- M1: Grow the University’s reputation;
- M2: Adopt energy renewables in campus operations and advance toward carbon neutrality in 2030; and
- M3: Demonstrate financial resilience and robustness by growing the University corpus and maintaining liquidity.
Strategic Information Session Presentation
After the meeting, Professor Michelle Trudgett, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Indigenous Leadership, gave a presentation in relation to the WSU Indigenous Strategy 2020-2025.