Creating Links to multiple files in a folder
You can create a hyperlinked list of files in a specific folder into Excel (or Word).
For instance, you can make a Hyperlinked list that would be helpful in a resource list.
- Open the folder, but don't open any of the files
- Right-click inside of the "Address Bar" on the Window
- Select Copy Address
- Open your Browser (Internet Explorer)
- Click inside of the "Address Bar" on the browser window (to select the contents)
- Paste (Ctrl V) the folder address into the address bar
- Press Enter and the list of files of the folder, appears in the window
- Click inside the window and select the entire list (Ctrl A)
- Select Copy (Ctrl C)
- Open a blank Excel worksheet (or Word document) and Paste (Ctrl V) the list there. This list has all the links built in. You may need to resize the Columns or Rows.