Backing up your data
When you are changing your computer there is some data that "lives" on your C drive that you may want to backup.
- Click the star-shaped Favourites icon,
- Click the small arrow to the right of Add to favourites,
- Select Import and Export from the list and a Wizard opens.
- Select the Export to a file option and click Next.
- Select the Favourites checkbox and click Next.
- Select the Favourites you want to export – to export all your favourites, select the favourites folder at the top. (It should be selected by default.)
- Give the file a name (It should be bookmark.htm by default)
- Click Export and IE will create a backup file.
- Click the Chrome menu icon at the top-right corner of your browser window,
- Choose Bookmarks, and select Bookmark manager. (Ctrl Shift O.)
- Select the Organize menu and select Export bookmarks to HTML file.
To import your bookmarks later, select the Import bookmarks.
- Chrome creates a HTML file containing the current date.
- From the Firefox menu, choose Bookmarks, and select Show All Bookmarks.
(Ctrl Shift B)
- Click Import and Backup and select Export Bookmarks to HTML.
(The Backup option will create a .json file, which other browsers can't open.)
To import your bookmarks later, select the Import Bookmarks.
- Firefox will give the backup file a name of "bookmarks.html" by default. You may want to change the file name and add more information, such as the date.
- Open Outlook.
- From the File tab, choose Options (near the bottom of the list)
- Choose Mail (in the left pane)
- Hold your Ctrl key and click the Signatures button (in the right pane)
This will open the Signatures folder. C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures
- Copy and paste all the files to a folder. (or go one step back and copy and paste the folder)
- To install the folder, put it in this path: C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft