Resetting the spell checker in Word
To run your spell checker in Word by either:
- From the Review tab choose the Spelling and Grammar command.
- Use the Keyboard shortcut F7
If you use Ignore Once or Ignore All, it will stop checking these "mistakes", however you may have inadvertently bypassed a misspelled word.
Next time you run the checker it will tell you that Spelling and Grammar check is complete, even if there is a misspelled word.
If you want to run spell check again correctly you need to bring up the Dialog box.
To do this;
- Write a purposely wrong word like speel and run your spell checker
Once the Spelling and Grammar dialog box is open,
- Click the Options button
- Under the When Correcting spelling ... area
- click the Recheck Document button
- You will get the message: This Operation Resets The Spelling Checker And Grammar Checker So That Word Will Recheck Words And Grammar You Previously Checked And Chose To Ignore. Do You Want To Continue?
- Click Yes and then OK.