Email - Mail Merge - with attachment
The following notes are an extract from the Readme page of the Outlook Mail Merge Attachment
Email - Mail Merge - with attachment, using Outlook 2010
When you mail merge and send it as an email, Microsoft does not give you an option to attach a file. The "Outlook Mail Merge Attachment" * is a small VB script (similar to a Macro) that attaches a separate file to the emails before sending them.
Step 1. Firstly, you need to download the zip folder;
- Download Outlook_Mail_Merge_Attachment.zip (in the right pane) to your Desktop or any other folder.
- Open the zip folder and copy the folder Outlook Mail Merge Attachment
(Same name but no zip extension) to where you want to store it and work from.
Note: It will not work from inside a zipped folder.
Step 2. Next, you set Microsoft Outlook to work Offline. This way the emails are stored in the Outbox but not actually sent.
- In Outlook, make sure there are no existing messages in the Outbox.
- From the Send/Receive tab, In the Preferences group,
choose Work Offline.
You may need to turn off the automatic spell checker if set.
- In Outlook, from the File tab, choose Options (at the bottom of the list)
- Click Mail (in the left pane).
- In the spelling group make sure the, Always check spelling before sending is NOT selected.
Step 3. Create your message.
- In Word, create your Mail Merge, as usual, choosing the email option.
- Don't forget to spell check the document as it won't be done in Outlook.
- When you have finished (Merge to email), all merged emails will be stored in the Outlook, Outbox.
Step 4. Run the script,
- Open the Outlook Mail Attachment folder and double click the
Outlook Mail Merge Attachment.vbs, to run it.
- Follow the prompts, to add your attachment to all emails in the Outbox.
- You cannot touch the keyboard or mouse while processing the emails.
- Sometimes, the "Attach file" dialog box is hidden behind another window. Please minimise all windows if OMMA seems to stop right after the welcome message.
- When the script is finished, it will display "Successfully added the attachment to # emails".
- You are able to check your emails with attachment since they still are in the Outlook Outbox.
Step 5. Send you emails,
- De-select the Work Offline;
* Outlook Mail Merge Attachment is a small Visual Basic script not a program.
Please note the following information from the designers;
** The zip-file containing Outlook Mail Merge Attachment can be downloaded from http://omma.sourceforge.net or the UWS HowTo page.
Wouter Westerveld, Lead Developer
Contact and donations
Please consult the OMMA website for the contact form. Donations can be made using pay-pal, information can be found at the sourceforge website.
Copyright © 2006-2013 Wouter Westerveld
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.