Changing the highlight colour in Word
Have you ever wanted to change all of the highlighting in a document to a different colour? Normally you would need to individually select each highlighted text and re-do the colour, however you can do it with the Find and Replace command.
To Replace the Highlight;
- First choose the new Text Highlight Colour that you want to change to
(Home ribbon / Font group / Text Highlight Colour)
- Open the Find and Replace dialog (Ctrl H) and click the More button.
- Click in the Find What box
- Click the Format button (If you can't see it, click on the More button)
- Select Highlight
- Click inside the Replace With box
- Click the Format button
- Select Highlight again
- Click the Replace All button and Word will replace all your highlighting.
To Remove the Highlight;
Do one of the following;
Using Find & Replace;
- Follow the steps above, but after point 6 click the select No Formatting button.
Not using Find & Replace;
- Use Select All on the document (Ctrl A)
- Click the arrow next to the Text Highlight Colour
- Select No Colour.