Want a quick way of inserting your favourite "symbol"
- From the Insert tab, in the Symbols group,
- Choose Symbol and More Symbols. The Insert Symbol dialog box appears.
- Locate and select the Symbol you want (1). In this example the Ying Yang symbol.
Do one of the following;
- Click the Auto Correct button (2)
- In the Replace box, type the word you want to type for the symbol to appear. It should be a word you do not typically type, but one that you will remember, something like yy (for Ying Yang).
- Click the Add button, click OK and Close. You are good to go.
To use; simply type yy and the space bar.
- Click the Keyboard Shortcut button (3)
You cursor should appear in the Press new shortcut key: box (4).
- Enter any keyboard combination.
e.g. Hold the Ctrl key and press Y
Note1: Ctrl+Y appears in the box. (4)
Note2: If this combination is already assigned it will tell you (5) .
You can over-ride this with your new one or you can erase the shortcut (5)Â and choose another combination.
- Choose Assign
- Choose Close
To use; simply use the Keyboard combination Ctrl Y