Using Animated Picture Backgrounds in PowerPoint
You can animate pictures in PowerPoint background. This example shows you how to fade in and move a picture on the background of a slide.
To insert the picture;
- Add a new slide for the animated background
- Right mouse click the shape and select Format Shape
- Make sure Fill is selected in the Navigation pane
- Select Picture or texture fill
- Click the File button
- Locate and Insert an image
- Drag the image off the slide (See diagram)
To animate the picture
- Make sure the picture is selected
- From the Animations ribbon, in the Animations group, choose Custom Animation to open the Task Pane.
- In the Task Pane click the Add Effect button (1)
- Choose Motion Paths and Left
- Set the Start to With Previous so that it starts when the slide is opened
At this stage you should see a "bar" (2) in the Task Pane. The bar is probably called Picture 1 with a "0" preceding it.
The picture itself has a red directional arrow (3);
- Move the arrow to the centre of the page
- Click Play (at the bottom of the Task pane) to see the effect