Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts
The following are some of the most
obvious keyboard shortcuts that may save you time:
For a full list in a diagram format, see the Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts.pdf on the side panel.
For a full list of Tool shortcuts, see the Photoshop letters to display Tools.pdf on the side panel.
- Ctrl N to open up a new blank Image
- Ctrl O to open an existing Image
- Ctrl S to save your Image
- Ctrl A to select the whole image (All)
- Ctrl C Copy
- Ctrl X Cut
- Ctrl V Paste
- Ctrl Z Undo or Redo the last action (See following)
- Ctrl Alt Z Step Back (Undo more than one action)
- Ctrl Shift Z Step Forward (Redo more than one action)
- Ctrl W to close the Image showing (but not the program)
- Ctrl Q to close the program (Quit)
- Tab To close (or open) the Toolbars and palettes to see more screen.
- Ctrl Tab to move to the next open image (Tabs)
- Ctrl Alt Shift K To see a list of all the Photoshop Keyboard shortcuts.
Holding down a key, temporarily activates a tool. Releasing the key, returns to the previous tool.
Tool icons that have multiple tools, press the same shortcut
again to toggle through the group.