Burning Music files to a CD
Copying music (MP3) to a Disc using Image Burn
If you have an older CD player, they will not play music files such as .mp3.
The music files (MP3 etc) first need to create a CUE file. You then burn the cue file to the CD.
These notes show you how to do both at the same time.
- First you need to open ImgBurn. The Ez-Mode Picker window opens. (This is like an menu of icons). If you don't see the Ez-Mode Picker do the following.
- From the Mode menu, choose Ez-Mode Picker. (or use Ctrl Shift P)
To create a CUE file;
- From the Mode menu, choose Write (or use Ctrl Shift W)
- From the Tools menu, choose Create CUE File... button and the dialog box opens.
You need to add the file/s you want converted to the large box, under Disc
- To add file/s do one of the following;
- Drag the file/s to the box.
- Click the Insert Icon. (4)
- Right mouse click the box and choose Add. (5)
- Click the Insert (Ins) button on the Keyboard.
- When all the file/s are listed click OK and a Save As box opens.
- Give the CUE file a name and a location to store it.
- You will get a notification when complete. Click OK.
To Burn the Disk
- You can now burn the CUE file to the disk.
- From the Mode menu, choose Ez-Mode Picker (or use Ctrl Shift P)
- Click the Write Image file to disc button and the write window will open.
- In the write dialog box, click the Write Image file to disc button and the Browse window will open.
- Locate and select your CUE file and click Open.
Note: if ImgBurn considers your CD is not blank it asks you to erase it. Note this will completely erase everything on the CD.
- Click Yes to erase. (or insert a new blank CD.)
- ImgBurn will erase the disk and the write your file to the CD.
- You will get a verification window. Click OK.
- If you select Verify the disk will eject and the close. ImgBurn will check the Burn.
- If you select Eject Tray the CD will eject when finished.