Professor Janette Perz
Institute Director and Professor of Health Psychology
Janette Perz is a Professor in the Translational Health Research Institute at Western Sydney University. She researches in the field of reproductive and sexual health with a particular focus on gendered experiences, subjectivity and identity. Her research encompasses three related programs of research:
- Firstly, a significant research program in psycho-oncology including the evaluation of gendered experiences and interventions for cancer carers; research on sexual experiences and interventions for couples facing cancer; and an examination of changes to fertility across a range of cancer types.
- Secondly, a program of research in sexual and reproductive health including the experience of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) in heterosexual and lesbian relationships; the development of and evaluation of a couple-based psychological intervention for PMS; sexual wellbeing and reproductive needs in CALD populations; and sexual and psychological wellbeing during menopause and midlife.
- Thirdly, research in mental health, early intervention and primary care models including cognitive-behavioural interventions for disadvantaged groups; Interventions for post-partum depression; and gender and therapy referrals in general practice.
She has demonstrated expertise in research design and analysis, and mixed-methods research.
- Women's health
- Reproductive and sexual health focusing on gendered experiences, subjectivity and identity.
- Cancer and sexuality
Qualifications and Recognition
- PhD University of Sydney
- BA University of Sydney
Research and Publications
- For a full listing of my publications please view my publications page (opens in a new window)
- View my ResearchGate profile (opens in a new window)
|Telephone||+61 2 4620 3954|
|Location||Building 3, Campbelltown Campus|