Doctor Aymen El Masri
Associate Lecturer, Interprofessional Health Sciences,
Undergraduate Health Science
Aymen El Masri is an Associate Lecturer in Interprofessional Health Sciences and has a background in Health and Physical Education. Aymen completed a Bachelor of Health Science (PDHPE) in 2014 and a Bachelor of Health Science (Honours, Class 1) in 2015 at Western Sydney University. In August 2020, Aymen submitted his PhD thesis in which he developed and tested the feasibility and acceptability of a culturally-tailored physical activity intervention for Arab-Australian women. Aymen has taught across a range of health science and HPE units. Aymen’s research interests include physical activity promotion, community engagement, and health research among culturally and linguistically diverse populations. Aymen has experience in a diverse range of research methodologies, including qualitative studies, epidemiological studies, systematic reviews, and health intervention development, delivery, and evaluation.
This information has been contributed by Doctor El Masri.
- PhD Western Sydney University
- BHSc Western Sydney University
- BHSc PDH&PE University of Western Sydney
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Undergraduate Health Science
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- El Masri, A., El Masri, A., Kolt, G. and George, E. (2022), 'Physical activity interventions among culturally and linguistically diverse populations : a systematic review', Ethnicity and Health, vol 27, no 1 , pp 40 - 60.
- George, E., Davidson, I., El Masri, A., Meade, T. and Kolt, G. (2022), 'Unhealthy lifestyle behaviours and psychological distress : a longitudinal study of Australian adults aged 45 years and older', International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol 19, no 7 .
- Alsultany, G., El Masri, A., MacMillan, F., Williams, K. and McBride, K. (2022), 'Support needs of people living with obesity during transition from tertiary obesity treatment to community care', Obesity Research and Clinical Practice, vol 16, no 6 , pp 514 - 523.
- George, E., El Masri, A., Kwasnicka, D., Romeo, A., Cavallin, S., Bennie, A., Kolt, G. and Guagliano, J. (2022), 'Effectiveness of adult health promotion initiatives delivered through professional sport : systematic review and meta-analysis', Sports Medicine, vol 52 , pp 2637 - 2655.
- El Masri, A., Kolt, G. and George, E. (2021), 'The perceptions, barriers, and enablers to physical activity and minimising sedentary behaviour among Arab-Australian adults aged 35-64 years', Health Promotion Journal of Australia, vol 32, no 2 , pp 312 - 321.
- El Masri, A., Kolt, G. and George, E. (2021), 'Feasibility and acceptability of a culturally tailored physical activity intervention for Arab-Australian women', BMC Women's Health, vol 21 .
- El Masri, A., Kolt, G. and George, E. (2021), 'A systematic review of qualitative studies exploring the factors influencing the physical activity levels of Arab migrants', International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, vol 18 .
- El Masri, A., El Masri, A., Kolt, G. and George, E. (2019), 'Country of birth differences in lifestyle-related chronic disease among middle-aged and older adults of Lebanese ethnicity', Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, vol 43, no 5 , pp 429 - 435.
- El Masri, A., El Masri, A., Kolt, G., Astell-Burt, T. and George, E. (2017), 'Lifestyle behaviours of Lebanese-Australians : cross-sectional findings from The 45 and Up Study', PLoS One, vol 12, no 7 .
- MacMillan, F., Karamacoska, D., El Masri, A., El Masri, A., McBride, K., Steiner, G., Cook, A., Kolt, G., Klupp, N. and George, E. (2017), 'A systematic review of health promotion intervention studies in the police force : study characteristics, intervention design and impacts on health', Occupational and Environmental Medicine, vol 74 , pp 913 - 923.
|Title:||Enhancing lives through Cricket - Evaluation of Cricket NSW Community Engagement Initiatives|
|Western Researchers:||Emma George, Aymen El Masri and Justin Guagliano|
|Years:||2021-08-16 - 2023-08-31|
|Title:||Evaluating the social and health-related impact of a Shuffleboard program in Australian aged care facilities|
|Western Researchers:||Emma George, Aymen El Masri, Rhiannon White and Helen Black|
|Years:||2021-06-01 - 2022-02-28|