- Our People
- Engineering Courses
- Built Environment Courses
- Engagement, News and Events
- Solar Car Website
- - Australian Housing Supply Chain Alliance (AHSCA)
- Centre for Smart Modern Construction
- - Industry Collaborators
- - Researcher Profile Navodana Rodrigo
- - Researcher Profile Samudaya Nanayakkara
- - Researcher Profile Kasun Gunasekara
- - Researcher Profile Priyadarshini Das
- - Researcher Profile Buddhini Ginigaddara
- - Researcher Profile Amer Hijazi
- - Researcher Profile Shiyamini Ratnasabapathy
- - Researcher Profile Bashir Tijani
- - Researcher Profile Isaac Akomea-Frimpong
- - Researcher Profile De-Graft Joe Opoku
- - Researcher Profile Marini Sam
- - Researcher Profile Thilini Weerasuriya
- - Research Projects
- - Research News
- - Future Constructors
- - News
- - Digital Media Repository
- - Roundtables
- - Community of Practice
- - Sustainable Construction Management and Education (SCME)
- - Work Health and Safety Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- - Linked semantic platforms for social & physical infrastructure & wellbeing
- - Advanced Materials and Smart Structures (AMSS)
- - Centre for Infrastructure Engineering
- - Areas of Expertise and Consultancy
- - Geotechnical, Water and Environmental Engineering Research
- - Intelligent & Sustainable Electrical Systems
- - Robotics, Vision and Signal Processing (RVSP)
- - Solar Energy Technologies
- Work Integrated Learning
- Contact the School
- Higher Degree Research
- Alumni and Industry
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Dean's Merit List Recipients
- Indigenous Strategic Plan
Researcher Profile Samudaya Nanayakkara
Centre for Smart Modern Construction
Developing a blockchain based e-procurement framework for construction supply chains
Samudaya PhD candidate is a PhD candidate at Western Sydney University. He is a Sri Lankan national Engineering Excellence awards winner. He is a University Colours recipient and recognised in Dean’s List for excellent academic achievements in his undergraduate degree. He gained the Master of Science in Computer Science and BSc Engineering (Honours) degree from the University of Moratuwa. He has received a Bachelor of Information Technology degree from the University of Colombo. He has contributed his ICT knowledge for many national-level research and industry projects in Sri Lanka. Samudaya has published a number of research papers in well-recognised international journals and conferences.
- MSc in Computer Science, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
- Bachelor of Information Technology, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- BSc Engineering Honours, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
Honours / Awards / Grants
- “Centre for Smart Modern Construction Postgraduate Research” Scholarship for Doctor of Philosophy - Engineering higher degree program, Western Sydney University, Australia (2018 - 2021)
- “Mahapola” Scholarship Award for BSc Engineering degree program, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2002 - 2006).
- IRSD - I2OR Preeminent Engineer Award 2019, 4th International Convention on Interdisciplinary Research for Sustainable Development, India (2020).
- IRSD - Young Researcher Award, International Conference on Interdisciplinary Research for Sustainable Development, India (2017).
- I2OR - Bright Researcher Award, International Institute of Organized Research, India (2017).
- Green ThinkerZ - Outstanding Researcher Award, The International Conference on Interdisciplinary Research for Sustainable Development, India (2016).
- COSMIC - Bright Researcher Award, International Conference on Advances in Computer Science, Electronics & Communication Technologies, Thailand (2016).
- COSMIC - Outstanding Researcher Award, International Conference on Advancements in Engineering, Technology and Management, Thailand (2015).
- Young Chartered Engineer Award, National Engineering Excellence Awards, Sri Lanka (2013).
- Dean’s List for Final Year Second Semester of BSc Engineering degree program, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2006).
- University Colours Insignia for sport with a gold medal in Annual Colours Awards Ceremony, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2005).
- Chartered Engineer (IT) in Sri Lanka (2012 - Present)
- Member of the Computer Society of Sri Lanka (2013 - Present)
- Member of the Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka (2012 - Present)
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (2011 - 2018)
- Member of the British Computer Society (2011 - Present)
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (2010 - Present)
- Global Member the Internet Society (2010 - Present)
- Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (2009 - Present)
- Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka (2008 - 2012)
- Smart Contracts
- Supply Chain Management
- Management Information Systems
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Digitalisation of the Construction Industry
Research and Publications
- Perera, S., Nanayakkara, S., Rodrigo, M.N.N., Senaratne, S., Weinand, R. 2019. ‘Blockchain Technology: Is it Hype or Real in the Construction Industry?’, Journal of Industrial Information Integration (17), pp. 1-20, (ISSN: 2452-414X).
- Nanayakkara, KS 2017, 'Impact of Free and Open-source Software Paradigm for Environmental Sustainability - Case Study in Higher Education Sector', International Journal of Research in Electronics and Computer Engineering, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 174-88.
- Nanayakkara, KS, Kusumsiri, N & Perera, P 2016, 'Adaptation of Diffusion of Innovations Theory for Successful ERP Implementation', International Journal of Computer Science And Technology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 25-30.
- Nanayakkara, KS, Perera, P & Perera, A 2015, 'Factors Incompatibility of Selection and Implementation of ERP Systems for Construction Organizations', International Journal of Computer Science & Technology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 9-15.
- Nanayakkara, KS & Fernando, S 2014, 'Universal Communication Interface through Web Services for Heterogeneous Systems with Dynamic System Life Cycle', International Journal of Computer Science & Technology, vol. 5, no. SP1, pp. 48-55.
- Perera, P, Nanayakkara, KS & Perera, A 2014, 'Application of Proper Asset Management Methodology and Technology in Defence Sector of Sri Lanka', International Journal of Computer Science & Technology, vol. 5, no. SP1, pp. 33-41.
- Nanayakkara, KS & Kusumsiri, N 2013, 'Barriers to Successful Implementation of E-learning in Design Education', International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management, vol. 21, no. SP1, pp. 69.1-.8.
- Nanayakkara, KS, Perera, P & Perera, A 2013, 'Factors Influencing Selection and Effective Implementation of ERP Systems in Medium Sized Organizations in Developing Countries', International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 7-14.
- Perera, P, Nanayakkara, KS & Perera, A 2013, 'Critical Evaluation on ERP Applications for Defence Sector of Sri Lanka', International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management, vol. 21, no. SP1, pp. 4.1-4.16.
- Nanayakkara, S., Perera, S., Dilum Bandara, H.M.N., Thilini Weerasuriya, G., Ayoub, J. 2019. ‘Blockchain technology and its potential for the construction industry’, in: AUBEA Conference 2019. Australia.
- Hewavitharana, S., Nanayakkara, S., Perera, S. 2019. ‘Blockchain as a project management platform’, in: CIOB WCS 2019, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Nanayakkara, S., Perera, S., Senaratne, S. 2019. ‘Stakeholders’ Perspective on Blockchain and Smart Contracts Solutions for Construction Supply Chains’, in: CIB World Building Congress 2019. Hong Kong.
- Lokuge, S, Sedera, D & Nanayakkara, KS 2018, 'Innovate or Copy: A Qualitative Document Analysis to Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries', in 26th European Conference on Information Systems.
- Perera, P, Nanayakkara, KS & Perera, A 2012, 'Benefit of Implementing a National Level ERP system for Health Sectors in Sri Lanka through Stock Optimization', in The Second International Congress of Interdisciplinary Research and Development.
- Sarveswaran, K, Perera, P, Nanayakkara, KS, Perera, A & Fernando, S 2009, 'Challenges in developing MIS–Case from Government sector', in e-Asia International Conference.
- Consultant, MIS project, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2011 - 2018)
- Junior Consultant, MIS project, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2007 - 2011)
- Temporary Instructor, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2006 - 2007)
- Casual Academic at Western Sydney University, Australia (2019 - Present)
- 301195 - Time and Quality Management
- 301189 - Smart Construction
- 200503 - Construction Information Systems
- Software Architect / Director, AR Project Management Services Pvt. Ltd., Sri Lanka (2017 - 2018)
- IT Consultant, Asset Management System for Colombo Municipal Council, Sri Lanka, funded by Asian Development Bank (2013 - 2015)
- ERP Specialist, AR Project Management Services Pvt. Ltd., Sri Lanka (2011 - 2016)
- IT Consultant, Construction Industry Quality Enhancement project, The United Nations Office for Project Services, Sri Lanka (2011 - 2012)
- Senior Technical Advisor, Felidae Pvt. Ltd., Sri Lanka (2009 - 2012)
- Visiting Lecturer, Examiner, Research Supervisor/ Co-supervisor, Research Examiner, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2007 - 2018)
- BE5505 - Information Technology and Statistics
- CE5253 - Management Information Systems
- CM6012 - MSc Research Project
- CS6107 - MBA Research Project
- MN5220 - Enterprise Resource Planning
- PM5104 - Project Management: Advanced Tools & Techniques
- PM5124 - Management Information Systems
- PM6102 - MBA Research Project
- TL2230 - Management Information Systems in Transport and Logistics
- TL4033 - Management Information Systems in Transport & Logistics
- TL4220 - ICT Applications in Trade and Transport
(02) 47360436 Ext 2053
Y.3.14 Penrith (Kingswood)
This is based on the information provided by the profile holder.