- Our People
- Engineering Courses
- Built Environment Courses
- Engagement, News and Events
- Solar Car Website
- Work Integrated Learning
- Contact the School
- Higher Degree Research
- Alumni and Industry
- Women Transforming the Built Environment
- Dean's Merit List Recipients
- Indigenous Strategic Plan
MakerSpace is where you can bring your ideas to life. Our makerspaces include 3D printing, 3D Scanning, lasercutting, woodworking and metal fabrication equipment.
Makerspaces enable students, industry and the community to access rapid fabrication equipment to produce their own prototypes and design projects. Equipment access is subject to induction processes and will have to be facilitated in consultation with WSU staff.
Design and fabrication of your custom projects by WSU staff can also be provided where a part or file is required. We have previously fulfilled projects from product prototyping, art and design projects as well as scientific and medical parts.
Parramatta Engineering Innovation Hub.
- Currently available for WSU coursework only. Please get in touch via the makerspace email.
- Located on the Basement floor.
- The entrance to the campus is at Hassal Street, Parramatta. The campus is a short distance from Parramatta Train station. No car parking is available. Paid parking is available through nearby parking complexes. Cycle parking only is allowed via the basement ramp. Location Link
Kingswood Advanced Manufacturing Precinct.
- 3D printing , makerspace and Community/ External work is being processed from Kingswood.
- Please get in touch via the makerspace email.
- Located in Building Z, at our Penrith (Kingswood) Campus.
- The closest entrance to this area of the campus is from O'Connell Street, Kingswood. Limited parking is available for a fee at P7, with additional parking at P29. Parking is permitted in Yellow bays only. Location link
Contact the MakerSpace team for more information.
Tours and School Group Workshops
We offer tours for school and community groups at our Kingswood Campus. The tours cover Robotics Labs, MakerSpace, Advanced Manufacturing Precinct and the Solar Car Workshop.
We also offer workshops for primary and high schools. Register your interest by sending us an email. There is some costs associated with these workshops. Workshops ran dependent on availability of staff and location.
Contact us to find out more