Questions? UWS Parent Information Days are here to help
Applying to university can be a confusing time for both students and their families but help is at hand with the University of Western Sydney Parent Information Day.
This free event gathers parents, guardians, students and University staff members at the Campbelltown campus on Saturday 20 July 2013 and the Parramatta campus on Saturday 27 July 2013.
Parents will be able to have their questions answered at the following information sessions:
- The UWS Experience - A Prospective Student Advisor will discuss courses offered at UWS, support for students, and opportunities such as international exchange.
- Admissions – The UWS Admissions team will discuss how to apply to university, how to get the most out of UAC preferences, important dates, and what bonus points students are eligible for.
- Scholarships – The UWS Scholarships team will explain what scholarships are on offer, how to submit an application, and opportunities for high achieving students, including Advanced courses, The Academy and the Aspire Future Leaders Program.
- Student Panel - Current UWS students talk candidly about their journey to university, how they survived the HSC, and their experience at UWS.
- Pathways to uni - UWS and UWSCollege staff will talk about the pathway options available to students, and how they can still get in to university if they don’t get the ATAR they need.
Join us for a free BBQ lunch from 11:00am and speak with UWS staff and students one-on-one. Talk to us about year 10 subject selection and the ATAR.
Danielle Lacey, Prospective Student Advisor Team Leader, says the opportunity to have individual questions answered helps to lessen the anxiety some parents may feel about their children starting university.
“Making the decision to study at university can be an overwhelming process for both students and their families,” says Ms Lacey.
“With over half of domestic students at UWS the first in their families to attend university, you can understand why parents value the chance to ask questions and demystify the process in an informative environment.”
Senior school-aged students and their parents or guardians are invited to attend the events, and are welcome to stay the whole day or choose to just drop into the sessions they wish to attend.
WHAT: UWS Parent Information Day, UWS Campbelltown campus
WHEN: Saturday 20 July 2013, 10.30am – 1.00pm
WHERE: Building 30 Foyer, corner of Narellan Road and Gilchrist Drive, Macarthur
WHAT: UWS Parent Information Evening, UWS Parramatta campus
WHEN: Saturday 27 July 2013, 10.30am – 1.00pm
WHERE: Building EA Foyer, corner of James Ruse Drive and Victoria Road, Rydalmere
15 July 2013