- Events, Workshops and Programs
- Resources by Discipline
- Support and Resources by Topic
- Contact the MESH team
- MESH Research
- Resources for Staff
Areas Where Teachers Use Maths
The following list includes just some of the areas where you will encounter mathematics and statistics in your professional and everyday life:
- Interpreting graphs, charts and statistics, for example understanding NAPLAN results and reading age charts.
- Planning assessment marking schemes and calculating course marks.
- Planning excursions and school camps, and developing costings for funding requests.
- Working out time allocations for subjects and topics.
- Managing personal finances, salary, tax and superannuation.
- Keeping up to date with relevant research articles - these often incorporate statistics