- Teaching Support
- Professional Learning @ Western
- Curriculum Renewal
- The 21C Project
- Sustainability Education
- Contact Us
Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning
Individuals and teams may nominate. Open to permanent, fixed term, full or part-time and casual academic and professional staff who have been employed at the University for a minimum of one year (except for targeted Sessional Staff Awards). For team nominations, staff who do not satisfy these eligibility criteria, but whose contribution to the Award initiative is to be acknowledged, may be included as members of a team nomination.
Selection criteria Nominees respond to ONE selection criterion in the Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning Award nomination form.
Assessment criteria In assessing nominations against the chosen criterion, the Awards Panel will take into account the extent to which nominees show evidence that their contribution has:
- influenced student learning, student engagement or the overall student experience
- been sustained over a period of one to three years; and
- gained recognition from fellow staff, the institution, and/or the broader community.
What you need to do now
- Review the Learning and Teaching Award Guidelines ( PDF, 292.91 KB) (opens in a new window);
- Review the Excellence Awards Policy(opens in a new window) and the Excellence Awards Procedures(opens in a new window) (specifically clauses 52-64 for teaching awards procedures and clauses 65-71 for the nomination process);
- Consult with your Dean (you will need their endorsement in the application);
- Reach out to your referees (you will need at least two, maximum six);
- Start gathering your evidence!
Submit your application below:
Vice Chancellor's Excellence Awards Submission Portal(opens in a new window)
All enquiries about the submission application process and resources should be directed to LearningFutures@westernsydney.edu.au.
- AAUT (WSU Webpage)(Opens in a new window)
- Evidencing your Practice(Opens in a new window)
- Badugulang - Centre for Teaching and Learning Excellence(Opens in a new window)
- University Excellence Awards (HR page)(Opens in a new window)
- AAUT Good Forms of Evidence Examples(Opens in a new window)
- AAUT Program Overview (PDF, 1182.71 KB)(Opens in a new window)
- AAUT Assessment Matrix (PDF, 140.84 KB)(Opens in a new window)
- AAUT Creating Winning Applications – Checklist Handout(Opens in a new window)
- AAUT Suggestions on Writing a Successful Award Application(Opens in a new window)
Other External Awards
- Engagement Australia(Opens in a new window)
- Blackboard Awards(Opens in a new window)
- AFR Higher Education Awards(Opens in a new window)
- ACEN WIL Awards(Opens in a new window)
- The Value of the Australian Awards for University Teachers (AAUT)(Opens in a new window)
- Learning and Teaching Benchmarking in Australian Universities(Opens in a new window)
- In Pursuit of Teaching Excellence: Outward and Visible Signs of Inward and Invisible Grace(Opens in a new window)
- International Perspectives on Teaching Excellence in Higher Education(Opens in a new window)