2017 Learning Futures Showcase
Partnerships as Pedagogy
The 2017 Learning Showcase was a whole-of-university event showcasing teaching innovation and curriculum designs at Western Sydney University.
The Showcase was held at Parramatta South Campus on Tuesday 28th November in the Sir Ian Turbott Auditorium on Parramatta South campus. Professor Simon Barrie, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Vice President (Learning Transformations) opened the event with a series of guest speakers providing keynotes throughout the day. Professor Tara Fenwick (opens in a new window) from Stirling University in the UK delivered the opening address and the concluded with a session by Judie Kay, President of the Australian Collaborative Education Network (ACEN) (opens in a new window).
The program focussed on the theme 'Partnerships as Pedagogy' and included a series of workshops around curriculum renewal, digital innovation and work integrated learning. During the event, the program also included a series of inspirational examples of how our university is already making significant strides forward with this concept, through a range of interdisciplinary and future focussed learning experiences.
- Partnerships as Pedagogy: Co-Creating 21st Century Curriculum (PDF, 2132.67 KB)(opens in a new window) - Professor Simon Barrie
- Keynote - Bridging the gap: emerging strategies for WIL partnerships with industry and community (PDF, 1830.32 KB)(opens in a new window) - Judie Kay, ACEN President, RMIT University
- Rise of 3D: From consumption to creation (PDF, 1314.98 KB)(opens in a new window) - Dan Bowen, Microsoft and Daniel Collins, Digital Futures
- Online 2020: Re-imagining Online Learning
( PDF, 1827.31 KB)(opens in a new window) - Dr Tim Griffin, School of Social Sciences and Psychology and Lynnae Venaruzzo, Digital Futures
- Partnership as Pedagogy: Possibilities and Pitfalls - Presentation
(PDF, 1702.91 KB)(opens in a new window) - Louise Ingersoll, School of Business