Curriculum Scholars Network
The Curriculum Scholars Network (CSN) began in 2017 as an initiative of the 21C project. In 2017, its focus was on supporting staff leading School Curriculum Pilots. In 2018, the emphasis shifted to developing ideas, capacity and resources to support partnership pedagogies. After a break in 2019, we are back again in 2020 to support the Curriculum Challenges (opens in a new window) teams with their proposed curriculum builds.
Partnership Pedagogy (opens in a new window) is the signature concept at the heart of 21C and a key success factor in securing Western’s future as an engaged university. In 2020, the CSN will explore opportunities and challenges in progressing the pedagogical elements of ‘partnership’. It will also aim to unearth, highlight, provoke, extend and celebrate existing partnership pedagogy at Western. Alongside co-creating curriculum, we are also keen to continue co-creating Western’s approach to partnership pedagogy.
The aims of the CSN are to:
- offer a forum for staff and students to share insights, practices, strategies and resources, in ways that progress partnership pedagogy in the curriculum;
- bring in relevant external expertise to support our explorations of elements of partnership pedagogy;
- learn from the existing scholarly literature about partnership pedagogy;
- identify opportunities for further curriculum collaboration in practice, research and scholarship;
- develop exemplars of partnership pedagogy practices at Western; and
- ensure alignment with the intentions and outcomes of 21C.
Look out for CSN events in the first half of 2020.