- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- - International Student Scholarships
- - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Chat with an Ambassador
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
- International Student of the Year Awards
- International Virtual Fair
Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
Western Sydney International is offering $6,000 and $3,000 multi-year scholarships to new commencing international students enrolling in undergraduate degree coursework programs at Western Sydney University in 2022.
No application is necessary. All new applications for admission will be automatically considered for a scholarship. If you are successful, your scholarship offer will be outlined in your Offer of Admission letter.
Scholarships are granted on academic achievement in a completed Year 12 qualification or equivalent recognised by Western Sydney University for admission.
- be an international student and not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia. If your visa status changes to one of these during the study period, the scholarship will discontinue
- commence a new course of study in 2022 for the first time
- be applying to study in a CRICOS registered undergraduate degree program
- satisfy the academic eligibility requirements for either the $6,000 or $3,000 multi-year scholarship
- satisfy all other admission requirements and accept their admission offer.
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Western Sydney University
- do not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer. Commencement may not be deferred
- are granted more than 160 credit points in advanced standing. (Note: In the event of advanced standing, the scholarship will apply to the reduced duration of the course and will not exceed the annual value of the scholarship in any one year of full-time study)
- study less than 80 credit points to complete the course
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University.
Note: Students applying via the University’s articulation pathway partners will be considered for a scholarship according to marginally different criteria.
All international applicants will be automatically considered for scholarships funded by the University; no separate scholarship application is required. If students meet the scholarship eligibility criteria, the scholarship details will be outlined in the Letter of Offer.
All CRICOS registered undergraduate degrees excluding Doctor of Medicine.
- $6,000 per year contribution towards tuition fees (up to three years maximum) or
- $3,000 per year contribution towards tuition fees (up to three years maximum)
All successful applicants will receive a minimum scholarship valued at $3,000. The $6,000 value will be awarded dependent on your level of academic achievement in previous studies.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Scholarships will be granted on a first-come-first-served basis until filled.
Students are advised to accept the scholarship as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org