- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- - International Student Scholarships
- - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Chat with an Ambassador
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
- International Student of the Year Awards
- International Virtual Fair
Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
Western Sydney International is offering multi-year scholarship awards to new commencing international students enrolling in postgraduate coursework programs at Western Sydney University in 2021.
Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit.
- be an international student and not an Australian Citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia. If your status changes to one of these during the study period the scholarship will discontinue.
- satisfy the academic eligibility requirements for either of the multi-year scholarships in their most recent completed tertiary qualification recognised by Western Sydney University
- satisfy all other admission requirements and accept their admission offer
- commence a new course of study in 2021 for the first time.
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a scholarship for their existing course of study
- do not commence study in the session and year indicated in their offer. Commencement may not be deferred
- do not submit a fully completed application and/or acceptance
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- are applying to study a postgraduate program that is less than one year duration
- have been granted more than 80 credit points advanced standing (Note: In the event of 80 credit points of advanced standing, the scholarships will apply to the reduced duration of the course after the advanced standing has been applied and will not exceed the annual value of the scholarship in any one year of full-time study.)
- study less than 80 credit points to complete the course
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University
- are enrolling in a higher degree research program e.g. PhD.
All international applicants have been automatically considered for the scholarships funded by the university; no separate scholarship application is required. If students meet the scholarship eligibility criteria, the details of the scholarship will be outlined the Letter of Offer.
All CRICOS registered postgraduate coursework degrees with a minimum one year and up to a maximum two year duration.
Higher degree research degrees are excluded.
Benefits and duration
Select Postgraduate Programs
- $6,000 per year contribution to tuition fees (up to a maximum two years)
The benefit will be awarded to all successful applicants who meet the minimum academic requirements in the following postgraduate programs:
1714 Master of Teaching (Secondary)
1783 Master of Teaching (Birth - 5 Years/Birth - 12 Years)
1792 Master of Social Work (Qualifying)
2813 Master of Property Investment and Development
2816 Master of Business Analytics
3693 Master of Engineering
3698 Master of Information and Communications Technology (Advanced)
3699 Master of Information and Communications Technology
3735 Master of Data Science
3749 Master of Science
3752 Master of Project Management
3765 Master of Artificial Intelligence
4698 Master of Health Science
4702 Master of Public Health
Other Postgraduate Programs (not listed above)
The value awarded will be dependent on the level of academic achievement in previous studies:
- $6,000 per year contribution to tuition fees (up to a maximum two years) or
- $3,000 per year contribution to tuition fees (up to a maximum two years)
Benefits will be applied to tuition fees for full-time enrolment in a postgraduate programs, not exceeding two years.
The scholarship is a partial tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Open until scholarships are filled for the session.
Scholarships will be granted on a first come first served basis until filled.
Students are advised to accept the scholarship as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org