- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- - International Student Scholarships
- - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- - Apply
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Exchange and short overseas study
- International partnerships
- Chat with an Ambassador
- Contact International
- Course Enquiry
- International Student of the Year Awards
- International Virtual Fair
Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
Application and selection process
Short-listing will be carried out by a panel of officers from the University, twice each year. Applicants are requested to provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career. Applicants will be ranked based on the selection criteria and the panel's review. Successful applicants will be notified via email by the University.
New international students commencing in 2021.
All international applicants have been automatically considered for the scholarships funded by the university; no separate scholarship application is required.
Any CRICOS registered undergraduate degree (excluding the Doctor of Medicine).
Fifty percent (50%) of tuition fees per session for full time enrolment for the duration of the degree up to a maximum three year.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Three years maximum.
- submit a complete application for admission at least two months before the session commencement date
- be an international student and not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia. If your visa status changes to one of these during the study period, the scholarship will discontinue
- commence a new course of study in 2021
- have received an offer of admission to Western Sydney University
- satisfy the academic requirements for the scholarship, i.e., achieved a minimum ATAR of 90 or equivalent in a completed higher secondary study
- satisfy all other admission requirements and accept their admission offer by the acceptance deadline.
Applicants are not eligible if they:
- are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia
- are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University
- are currently enrolled at Western Sydney University and apply for a scholarship for their existing course of study
- are seeking to make an application for advanced standing for their course prior to, or after enrolment
- do not submit an application to study at Western Sydney University and/or acceptance by the closing date
- are applying to study a program located at Sydney City campus
- have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of the tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University.
Open until all scholarships have been filled for the session. A limited number of scholarships are available for each session. Applications should be received at least two months prior to the commencement of the session.
Applicants are advised to accept the scholarship as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
For further information or assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org