Doctor Jessica Armstrong-Kearns
Contact (opens in a new window)
Dr Jessica Armstrong-Kearns is the Senior Administration Officer (Industry and Engagement). She provides high level project co-ordination and administrative support across a broad portfolio of external research projects. Her role involves the organisation and monitoring of project activities, working closely with lead investigators and members of the Institute’s management team to ensure successful delivery of project milestones. Jessica holds a PhD in Paediatric Research from the University of New South Wales and joins us from Western Sydney University’s School of Medicine, with significant experience in project management and the coordination of research projects across Sydney and Westmead Children's Hospitals, The Royal Hospital for Women, and Aboriginal Medical Services & communities nationwide.
The responsibilities of the Senior Administration Officer (Projects) relate to the Centre and its projects.
As SAO (Projects), Jessica is responsible for:
- Pre-award grant development; budget preparation; alignment with budget justification;
- Post-award grant administration; progress tracking; milestone development; income and expenditure monitoring
- Policy development research and support
- Large scale grant administration and logistics support
- Higher Degree Research Dual Award programs
- Node Administrator for the Centre of Excellence 'Plant Success in Nature & Agriculture'