Archived Reports & Strategic Plans
- Equity and Diversity Strategic Plan
- Equal Opportunity Reports to the NSW State Government
- Reports to The Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Disability Services
- Workplace Bullying Prevention Action Plan
- Speeches given by the Director, Equity and Diversity
Equity and Diversity Strategic Plan
Equity and Diversity Strategic Plan for 2013-18 (PDF, 1580.68 KB) (opens in new window)
Equity and Diversity Strategic Plan for 2013-18 (DOCX, 2653.98 KB) (opens in new window)
Equal Opportunity Reports to the NSW State Government
Part 9A of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 requires the University to report on Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) in its Annual Report to the NSW Parliament.
EEO is about ensuring that all employees have equal access to the opportunities that are available at work by:
- making sure that workplaces are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment, and
- providing programs to assist members of EEO groups to overcome past or present disadvantage
EEO groups are people affected by past or continuing disadvantage or discrimination in employment. The NSW Government has identified these groups and set specific employment targets for these groups in the workforce:
- 50% for women
- 2% for Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders
- 19% for people whose first language was not English
- 12% for people with a disability
- 1.5% for people with a disability who require work-related adjustments
Equity and Diversity prepare annual statistical reports on the participation of EEO groups in the workforce.
The latest data on staff equity is available in the University's Annual Report:
- Annual Report 2018 Volume 1 (PDF, 2031.18 KB) (opens in new window)
- Annual Report 2018 Volume 2 (PDF, 6980.86 KB) (opens in new window)
Reports to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA)
The University is an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, a prestigious citation that recognises the University's efforts and achievements in the area of gender equality.
Western Sydney University is required by legislation to report annually to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency on progress towards gender equality in the workplace.
Find out more on the WGEA page
Workplace Bullying Prevention Action Plan
- Workplace Bullying Prevention Action Plan 2014 - 2016 (DOC, 11590.5 KB) (opens in new window)
- Workplace Bullying Prevention Action Plan 2014 - 2016 (PDF, 7181.2 KB) (opens in new window)