- Applying to study
- New to Uni
- Important dates
- Fees and costs
- The Academy
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Academic Literacy Support
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - MATES
- - English Conversation Groups
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy and Inclusive Communities
- - Student Representation & Participation
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- - Student Stores
- - Online student support
- - Student facilities
- - Support for Student Veterans
- - TalkCampus
- Online systems
- Student Misconduct Rule
- Semi Permanent Unlimited Live
- Western Digital Story Telling Project
To keep us all safe, Student Wellbeing Services (Counselling, Disability and Welfare) are offering students the next available online appointment. If you require a face-to-face appointment, please discuss this with Wellbeing staff at the time of booking.
Who are we?
The Western Sydney University Counselling Service is a team of qualified social workers and psychologists who are trained to work with diverse student populations on any issues of concern. If you're facing any barriers that may affect your study or want to optimise your study then the Counselling Service, Welfare Service or Disability Service may be able to help.
Students are encouraged to access free, short term, confidential counselling services as early as possible before their studies are affected. Zoom or phone appointments can be made by telephoning 1300 668 370 (option 5). Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4:30pm. Alternatively, you might like to access eCounselling services.
Western Sydney University is committed to creating an inclusive, safe, and respectful place of study and work. If you have experienced sexual harassment or sexual assault, we are here to support you. You are not alone, and help is always available. Please contact us if you need any support regarding sexual offences or if you need assistance completing a report in the Sexual Offences Reporting Portal.
If you have an urgent matter please contact the central booking line on 1300 668 370 (option 5).
Staff are invited to use the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Here at the Counselling Service, we recognise the impact that the pandemic is having on our mental health and wellbeing. Living with covid can be an overwhelming and exhausting experience - but there are some things that can help to manage these changes. We've put together some resources you might find helpful:
- Wellbeing & You Podcast - Coping during Lockdown (MP3, 31714 KB)
- The Counselling Service Guide to Learning from Home (PDF, 116.59 KB)
- The Mental Health and Wellbeing Team Guide to Working from Home (PDF, 104.36 KB)
- The Black Dog Institute - Coronavirus: Resources for Anxiety & Stress
- Beyond Blue - Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service
- This Way Up - Coronavirus Online Guided Workbooks
Mental health and Wellbeing is everyone's business and we are all likely to be impacted at some time in our lives by mental health changes, either personally or in someone we know. For more information visit the Mental health and wellbeing website or visit one of these helpful pages:
- Wellbeing and You Podcast - Meet our team and hear about the resources available to support you
- What is Counselling?(opens in a new window)
- Are you coping with study? How we can help, time management planners to help plan your commitments and advice to help you adjust to university life
- Stress and your wellbeing - information and tips to help you manage stress and links to peak bodies in Australia.
- Have you recently experienced a traumatic event? PDF, 504.02 KB - Information and tips to help you cope with some of the common reactions when you had recently experienced a traumatic event.
- Transcultural Support: Study Success - resources for International Students and recent migrants to help adjust to studies in Australia.
TalkCampus is a free app that you can download onto your device to talk anonymously to other students from universities and colleges around the world. Access free mental health support, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
TalkCampus is a safe student network that’s all about support. This means you can talk to your peers about exam stress, anxiety, depression and a range of other matters. The app is available in 25 languages including English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi, Urdu and Bengali.
The TalkCampus app is available for free to all Western students. You can download the app from Google Play or the App Store. To sign up, please use your Western student email address to unlock the app free of charge. For more information, visit the TalkCampus webpage.
- Respect.Now.Always. An initiative launched by Universities Australia, designed to generate awareness of consensual behaviour, self-rights and the prevention of sexual harassment and assault on Australian university campuses.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing framework [PDF, 56.07 KB] (opens in a new window)
- Code of ethical practice [PDF, 75Kb] (opens in a new window)
- Study skills workshops
- Engaging Students for Community Wellbeing - a vUWS module made by and for Western Students
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4:30pm.
Phone: 1300 668 370 (option 5)
Bankstown - Building 11
Campbelltown - Building 16
Hawkesbury - Building K4 (Monday - Thursday)
Liverpool - 100 Macquarie Street, Ground Floor
Nirimba - Building U8
Olympic Park - 8 Australia Ave, Level 4
Parramatta - Building EB.3.04
Parramatta City - Building 1, One Parramatta Square, Level 1
Penrith (Kingswood) - Building P, Level 1, Room 04
24/7 Crisis support Contacts
For immediate crisis intervention when life may be in danger, call Emergency Services on 000 or go to your local hospital emergency department.
- Campus Safety & Security (opens in a new window) 1300 737 003
- NSW Rape Crisis (opens in a new window) 1800 424 017
- 1800 RESPECT (opens in a new window) 1800 737 732
- Lifeline (opens in a new window) 13 11 14
For further emergency and 24-hour services visit our resources list .