Vice-Chancellor's Advisory Board
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (International)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Educational Partnerships and Quality)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Engagement and Advancement)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global Development)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning Futures)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- - Pro Vice-Chancellor, Strategy, Government and Alliances
- - Dean, School of Business
- - Dean, School of Computer, Data and Mathematical Sciences and Lead Dean - Information and Communication Technology
- - Dean, School of Education
- - Dean, School of Engineering, Design and Built Environment
- - Dean, School of Health Sciences
- - Dean, School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- - Dean, School of Law
- - Dean, School of Medicine
- - Dean, School of Nursing and Midwifery
- - Dean, School of Psychology
- - Interim Dean, School of Science
- - Dean, School of Social Sciences
- - Dean of Graduate Studies and Researcher Development
- - CEO, The College
- - Chief Student Experience Officer
- - Director, Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment
- - Director, Institute for Australian and Chinese Arts and Culture
- - Director, MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development
- Vice-Chancellor and President
- Board of Trustees
- Academic Senate
- Office of Governance Services
- Western Sydney University Strategic Plan
- Professoriate Leadership Group
- Contact Us
- Corpus Strategic Funding Areas
Dean, School of Humanities and Communication Arts
Professor Matt McGuire
Professor Matt McGuire is the Dean of School of Humanities and Communication Arts and Provost of Bankstown Campus, Milperra. He is a Professor of English Literature.
Professor McGuire has 20 years' of work experience in the tertiary education sector in the UK and Australia. The first part of his career was spent at the University of Glasgow. The second part has been at Western Sydney University.
In the past 10 years he has held a number of senior management roles. These include: Deputy Dean, Director of Higher Degrees by Research, Deputy and Acting Director of the Writing and Society Research Centre; and Head of Discipline. He has held a number of national leadership positions including Vice President and President of the peak body of his discipline (Australian Universities’ Heads of English). Currently, Professor McGuire is a Board Member of DAASH, the Australasian Council of Deans of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities.
Professor McGuire’s qualifications include Master of Arts, Honours and a Master of Science and a Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Edinburgh. Recently he has completed the Executive MBA at the Sydney Graduate School of Management.
He has published widely on various aspects of Irish and Scottish literature. His key publications include the academic monograph, Contemporary Scottish Literature (2008). He is the editor of The Edinburgh Companion to Contemporary Scottish Poetry (2009), The Everyman Book of Irish Poems (2011), and The Collected Poems of Iain Crichton Smith (2011). His work has appeared in various peer-reviewed journals including the Edinburgh Review, Scottish Studies Review, Clues and New Hibernia Review. His current research explores the role of literature in the aftermath of political conflict, with a focus on Northern Ireland in the wake of the Troubles.
Matt McGuire is also the author of two novels, Dark Dawn (2012) and When Sorrows Come (2014). He has appeared at the Glasgow 'Aye Write' Book Festival, the Edinburgh International Book Festival been featured as a guest author on the BBC and on ABC Radio National.
Contact the Dean of Humanities and Communication Arts
Telephone: (02) 9685 4697