Making an Access Application at Western Sydney University

Four ways to access information

To access information from the University, you should:

First, search our website and agency information guide, to see if it is already available.

If it is not available, contact the Right to Information Officer and ask for the information. The University will decide whether the information you want:

  1. is 'open access' information that is readily available. If it is, we will tell you where and how you can access the information;
  2. should be made available as part of a 'proactive release' of information;
  3. can be disclosed to you through 'informal release', for example where no third party personal information is involved; or
  4. requires a 'formal access application', for example because consultation with a third party is required.

If you wish to lodge a formal access application under the GIPA Act for information which is not available on our website, please do so in writing using the appropriate form linked below.

The application form must be accompanied by the correct fee.  Payment can be made by Visa or Mastercard using the University's OneStop facility (search for Right to Information), or posting a cheque or money order to:

  • The Right to Information Officer, Western Sydney University, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith NSW 2751

Application forms can be accessed from the following links:

If you are not satisfied with the response to your formal requests you can ask for an internal review of the decision using the following form:

If you are unable to access University information via these methods, you may contact the Information and Privacy Commission (IPC) (opens in a new window) for assistance.